Sorry, this job has expired.
The Butler County Water and Sewer Department provides safe, reliable services to Butler County — one of the fastest growing counties in Ohio.
BCWS offers water and wastewater service to a growing population of more than 100,000 in West Chester, Lemon, Liberty, Fairfield, Hanover and Ross townships, the city of Monroe and the village of New Miami. BCDES's Solid Waste Management District is responsible for making recycling and waste reduction options available to all Butler County residents.
We are currently hiring a Water and Sewer Director.
1) Administrative duties:
• Plans, organizes, develops, controls, promotes, reviews and evaluates all Departmental goals and objectives, under policies established by the Board of County Commissioners and public law; researches, surveys, analyzes information, materials and programs to provide technical information and advice in Department decision making; plans for system growth by anticipating demand on Department facilities and services; develops new policies and programs; reviews project progress and interprets policies and regulations; negotiates, prepares, reviews and recommends contracts to the Board of County Commissioners; and reviews recommendations from subordinate employees and takes appropriate action.
2) Communication responsibilities:
• Interacts with such Department stakeholders as the Board of County Commissioners and other County officials, customers, public, employees, other utilities, media, political subdivisions, environmental groups, Ohio EPA, contractors, and developers by receiving and answering inquiries and resolving complaints, requesting information, explaining Department activity and initiating discussion; and represents the Department at meetings and hearings.
3) Reporting duties:
• Directs preparation of records, reports and other related documentation of Department activities.
4) Financial responsibilities:
• Oversees preparation of annual budget, monitoring of expenditures, and review of accounts receivable and accounts payable, capital improvement expenditures and grant funding development and application.
5) Safety responsibilities:
• Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
Please note: Butler County will consider internal applicants prior to external applicants.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, business or public administration, or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
• Significant work experience which demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of and ability to effectively manage a public water, wastewater and solid waste utility operation, or
• Any combination of education, experience and/or training equivalent to the stated minimum qualifications.
Pursuant to the Americans With Disability Act of 1993, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.